HOME > In Case of Emergencies

Updated: March 15, 2023

Main article starts here.

In Case of Emergencies

This page provides contact numbers and information on what to do in case of emergencies.

Emergency Contact Numbers

These numbers are available 24 hours a day. They can only be contacted for emergencies, and not for inquiries or consultation services.


For calling the fire department and ambulance service in the case of fire, illness, injury, or accident


For calling the police in the case of accident or crime


For calling emergency services in the case of maritime accident or a similar incident

Calling from Public Telephones

Calling [119], [110], and [118] from public telephones is free of charge. Pick up the receiver, press the "緊急用通報" or emergency button, and then dial the relevant number. Dial the number directly if the telephone does not have an emergency button.

Lost Passport or Residence Card

If you lose your passport, request an Ishitsu Todokede Shomeisho (Certificate of Lost Property) at a police station. Once this has been issued, contact your embassy or consulate and complete the procedures for passport reissuance.

If you lose your Residence Card, report it immediately to the nearest police box or police station, and then complete the procedures for having it reissued at the Osaka Regional Immigration Bureau's Kobe District Immigration Office within 14 days.

Lost Credit Card

Contact your credit card company immediately and carry out the necessary procedures for blocking transactions. Also request an Ishitsu Todokede Shomeisho (Certificate of Lost Property) at the police station.

Lost or Mislaid Property

For property lost while riding public transportation or in a shopping facility, contact the railway company, bus company, or facility directly. For property lost in other locations, report the loss to the nearest police box or police station.



公益財団法人兵庫県国際交流協会 事業推進部 外国人県民インフォメーションセンター 

〒650-0044 神戸市中央区東川崎町1丁目1番3号 神戸クリスタルタワー6階(兵庫県民総合相談センター内)

TEL: 078-382-2052

FAX: 078-382-2012

Hyogo International Association
(Information and Advisory Service Center)
6F Kobe Crystal Tower
(inside the Hyogo Prefecture Citizens' Advice Center)
1-1-3 Higashikawasaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe, 650-0044
TEL: 078-382-2052
FAX: 078-382-2012


Smartphone Site